Forums

Comfort Software :: Forums :: Development
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Avoid popup of the Initial Setup Wizard

Author Post
PVitt
Fri Jun 10 2011, 01:04pm
Registered Member #829
I transfered my settings via the ini file (exported with the config tool) and a registry export onto the target machine. But when I start the keyboard the first time the Initial Setup Wizard pops up. How can I avoid this? I thought that with exporting the registry and restoring the ini file all settings should have been transfered?!?
Comfort
Sun Jun 19 2011, 12:45pm

See parameter "FirstStart".
The string: ""FirstStart=1".

Have a nice day
PVitt
Wed Jun 22 2011, 04:26am
Registered Member #829
Thanks for your reply.

But I fear I have to clarify this a little bit more: I have a registry file containg a registry export from my development machine. And we have also an ini file created via the export settings function in the keyboard settings dialog. The registry export contains both values FirstStart=1 and AccessDenied=2.

When the keyboard starts the first time it checks whether the registry value AccessDenied equals 2. If not, we merge the registry export and also start the keyboard with the restore parameter to read the ini file. Despite the registry settings the Initial Setup Wizard pops up and further the next time we start the keyboard the registry value AccessDenied is set back to 0 again.

Does restoring the settings from the ini file reset the registry values? Do we have to merge the registry export after starting the keyboard? Or is it even ok to only merge the registry and do not start with the Restore parameter afterwards?

Thanks in advance, Peter
Comfort
Wed Jun 22 2011, 03:09pm

Does restoring the settings from the ini file reset the registry values?

No. It only restores settings from ini-file.

Do we have to merge the registry export after starting the keyboard?

No. The program doesn't reload settings from registry after start.

Or is it even ok to only merge the registry and do not start with the Restore parameter afterwards?

You can only merge the registry, but options "Run at Windows startup" and "Show keyboard on logon screen" will not be restored.

Have a nice day
Moderators: Comfort

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF