Forums

Comfort Software :: Forums :: Development
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

How to have different keyboard layouts for different languages?

Author Post
Bohdan
Wed Feb 27 2013, 03:23am
Registered Member #860
Hi, I noticed that Windows pre-installed On-Screen Keyboard changes keyboard layout when I change language. For example, when changing from English to Danish language, I get additional button between left Shift and Z buttons (button with < and > signs). How can this be achived using Comfort OSK? Is it somehow possible to add this button with < and > signs to my keyboard layout (what hex code should I use)?

Thanks.
Comfort
Wed Feb 27 2013, 02:20pm

This is key with hexcode E2. You can simply add this key to your keyboard. Some other languages also use this key.

Have a nice day
Bohdan
Thu Feb 28 2013, 03:28am
Registered Member #860
Thanks for the reply, I managed to add this button to my keyboard. But I'm mostly interested in having different layouts for different languages, like in Windows OSK. Meaning that once user switches from English to Danish OSK gets notified and shows the layout specific to Danish language, with different set of keys.
Comfort
Fri Mar 01 2013, 02:13pm

You can check current language with GetKeyboardLayout(0)
and change the keyboard: http://www.comfort-software.com/keyboard/help/activatekbprg.htm

Have a nice day
Moderators: Comfort

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF